EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement webinar series #1 - Rules of Origin
In view of the forthcoming entry into force of the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA), the EU-Japan Centre will organise a series of webinars explaining about the opportunities for EU companies in doing business with Japan within the new regulation framework of the EPA.
EPA Helpdesk Webinar #1: Rules of Origin
The first webinar of the series will be covering “Rules of Origin”
08/11/2018 from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM (Brussels time)
Wednesday, 07 November.
How can my SME benefit from the preferential rates linked to the Rules of Origin?
The EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement is foreseen to come into force in early 2019 giving opportunities to European SMEs to start exporting or strengthen their exports to Japan. The agreement lets exporters benefit from preferential treatment upon importation into Japan provided that their products are produced within the European Union. However, the Rules of Origin can become complex to understand, especially when the supply chain involves multiple countries. The goal of this webinar is to provide practical information about what Rules of Origin are. It will also act as a guide for SMEs with regards to the procedures they need to follow in order to claim preferential treatment when importing their EU-originating products in Japan.
The webinar is targeted to European companies seeking to understand and benefit from the EU-Japan EPA.
In 40 minutes from your desk, discover how to:
- Understand how your SME can benefit from the Rules of Origin and preferential duty rates
- Determine how products you are exporting will be considered as originating from the EU
- Find which rule to apply to prove your products are originating in the EU
- Find out which procedures to follow
- Know which tariffs will be lowered after the agreement comes into force
- Expert’s presentation
- Q&A Session
- Laurence Van Nitsen - European Commission (DG Trade)
- Albert Hendriks – European Commission (DG Taxud)
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation - Brussels Office
EU-JAPAN CENTRE for Industrial Cooperation
TEL +32 2 282 0042